Re: Magnets on your petrol and Slick50

To: Jim Isbell <jisbelljr@mail.utexas.edu>
Subject: Re: Magnets on your petrol and Slick50
From: TJ <tmatycho@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 1997 23:59:36 -0800
Jim Isbell wrote:

> First, why dont you guys keep this off the list.  If you insist on keeping
> it on the list I will reply on the list.  Simon and I have kept it off the
> list after that first exchange.
>
> >I have to agree with Don on this.  You introduced personal attack into
> >the discussion.  In addition to the "You are not worth my time" remark,
> >you also gratuitously called Simon a "biggot"(sic), and said "You have a
> >closed mind."  He had made no personal remarks about you.
>
> I made NO personal attack.  "You are not worth the time" applies to ANYONE
> on this list with a closed mind, you included if you have a closed mind.
<snip>

Let me get this straight.  Simon's original post, which made no mention
of you and made no reference by which one could reasonably conclude it
was directed at you, was, in fact, directed at you, personally.

However, your post, although you quote Simon directly, and employ the
personal pronoun "you", is nevertheless not directed at him, personally.

Little wonder that you are not comfortable having your comments
commented upon in public.