Re: High RPM Smoke

To: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@gte.net>, "Tom Shirley" <tshirley@vol.com>
Subject: Re: High RPM Smoke
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Sat, 13 May 2000 11:20:31 -0700
I'm happy to report that I have no hand lotion under my valve cover cap.
And there's no oil in the radiator, either.

I believe that the smoke is either a Weber that's running too rich or oil
that's too thin when warmed up.  I've decided (under advisement from a close
friend who knows more than I do about cars) to ditch the multi-viscosity
stuff for straight 30W and see how that works.

I'll be performing a compression check today to see what kind of shape the
cylinders are in.

But the way this car has been driving, I'm very confident that the
compression is going to be good to excellent.  Hope I'm right.

Thanks everyone!

Jeff