RE: Re: High RPM Smoke

To: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Subject: RE: Re: High RPM Smoke
From: "Bill Miller" <millerb@netusa1.net>
Date: Sat, 13 May 2000 18:10:54 -0500
Jeff wrote:
  "I've also decided that 10W40 is probably not the best choice for my
warm-climate driving.  For my next oil change, I'm switching to a straight
30 weight and see if that helps the situation."

Bill Replied:

Jeff, I personally believe straight 30W is too thin of an oil for a spit
engine.  Every one of my books recommend 20W50 for yours and all the spit
engines.  I run castrol 20W50 in all my LBC's.  Since your in warm climate,
I would recommend it.  If I understand multi-viscosity oils, its 20W when
cold, 50W when hot.  30W is even thinner than the 40W of the 10W40.

Bill