Re: Re: High RPM Smoke

To: "Laura Gharazeddine" <Laura.G@141.com>, "Tom Shirley" <tshirley@vol.com>
Subject: Re: Re: High RPM Smoke
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Sat, 13 May 2000 11:12:02 -0700
"I also get what appears to be smoke at high rpms-MOnzas and Webers throw a
lot of schmutz out your back end-especially if it's running rich. "

Considering that I'm running Monzas and a Weber (!) also, perhaps I needn't
worry.  I also suspect that I'm running too rich based on the behavior of my
engine when it's cold and the choke is pulled out more than 1/2".  The
engine doesn't like that one bit!

I've also decided that 10W40 is probably not the best choice for my
warm-climate driving.  For my next oil change, I'm switching to a straight
30 weight and see if that helps the situation.

Jeff