Re: vapor lock revisited ....

To: "Roadster Listgroup" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: vapor lock revisited ....
From: "Fred Schroeder" <roadster@texoma.net>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 23:35:34 -0500
I've heard so much about overheating and vapor lock.  I've driven the snot
out of mine all over the country including the Arizona desert.
(Arizona-Sonora desert to be precise.)  We're talking 110 to 115 degrees in
July and August.  It has never run past half scale on the temp nor has it
ever vapor locked.  It is (and was) 100% stock with the exception of the
non-smog distributor advance.  Considering the circulating fuel supply
system on the Roadsters I can't imagine why they ever would vapor lock.  I
wonder why some have problems and others don't?

Best regards,

Fred Schroeder
'70 2000
SRL311-13359