Re: vapor lock revisited ....

To: "Dan Neff" <neffster189@adelphia.net>,
Subject: Re: vapor lock revisited ....
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 18:07:55 -0400
I installed an electric fan on my 66 about 20 years ago and it eliminated my
vapor lock problems which was caused by stop n go traffic. I found SPAL fans
to be the best but more $$$$ than other brands. Well worth the money IMHO. I
whipped out the stock fan and installed a 13" electric in back of the rad.
Gives more HP, quieter and keeps running after the engine is shut off to
cool everything down.

I also installed an electric fuel pump to keep the gas as far away from
engine heat as possible and never experienced a problem either. It also
helps those of us who don't use their cars regularly and I don't have to
crank and crank untill the fuel bowls fill up.

Insulation? Check out summitt.com

Mike

Clothes pins? Another joke being perpetrated on the innocent. Wood doesn't
remove heat.