Re: I need 1 stock rim for my '66 in Socal...

To: ksavage@mail.sdsu.edu, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: I need 1 stock rim for my '66 in Socal...
From: "sidney raper" <spl310@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 22:15:03 -0400
Ken,

The 1600 Roadsters used a 4" wide wheel through the 1967 model year.  In
1968, they went to the 4.5" wide wheel which came on all 2000s.  The easy
way to tell is to read the wheel.  On the part of the wheel that the valve
stem pokes through, clean about 1/3 or so of the way around the wheel from
the valve stem.  If you find information stamped there, then you have the
4.5 wheels.  If you don't, you have the 4" wheels.  There may be variations
to this, but I have not personally seen any (except for a Z wheel that was
modified to take Roadster hubcaps - but that is a different story.)

Sid

>From: Ken Savage <ksavage@mail.sdsu.edu>
>To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
>Subject: Re: I need 1 stock rim for my '66 in Socal...
>Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 16:49:53 -0700
>
>Matt,
>
>Maybe.  I'll double check to see if I still have my old spare steel rim or
>not.  I don't even know if it is a stock roadster rim ?  Are the 2000 and
>1600 stock rims the same ?   It came with my '69 2L and I have never used
>it.  I picked up another mag for a spare and don't need it.  I live in San
>Diego.  If I still have it, if it would work - I'll meet you half way and
>it's yours.
>
>Ken
>

>At 04:02 PM 5/28/2002, you wrote:
> >I need a stock roadster rim for my '66 1600, so I'll have a
> >spare...  anybody have an extra rim or any suggested replacement?
> >

> >I live in Los Angeles...
> >
> >Thanks,  Matt
> >Yahoo! - Official partner of 2002 FIFA World Cup

> >///  Send admin requests to majordomo@autox.team.net  or go to
> >///  http://www.team.net/cgi-bin/majorcool
> >///  Send list postings to datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net

Sidney Raper