Re: vapor lock revisited ....

To: "Dan Neff" <neffster189@adelphia.net>,
Subject: Re: vapor lock revisited ....
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 20:01:14 -0400
The only time I got vapor lock is when driving in heavy traffic and idling
quite a bit on a hot day.  What makes the problem worse is that the stock
fans just don't spit out enough air to keep things cool under the hood at
idle except maybe the 7 blade fan and that sucker is noisy when you're at
3000 rpms, not to mention the hp it sucks from the engine.

When I switched to an electric fan  it cured the vapor lock problem and now
that I installed a SPAL fan things got even better. That fan kicks butt as
compared to several I tried before.

The fuel in the bowls get so hot it starts to vaporize and instead of liquid
the fuel is liquid and gas thus the engine is running very lean and runs
rough with severe hesitation problems. The fuel lines also get very hot and
can vaporize the fuel.

Mike