Re: OK really dumb question

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: OK really dumb question
From: johnf@cp-tel.net (John Fernandez, Jr.)
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2001 20:08:38 -0500
On 14 Apr 2001, at 10:12, Keith0alan@aol.com wrote:

> Torque limiting my @&^#^%&*^%. I had new tires put on my '66 and forgot to
> tell them to do them by hand. Decided to check them after I got home. After I
> got out the big spider, a jack stand and a sledge hammer I finally got the
> lug nuts off. Must have been pushing 200 ft/lbs. I am amazed they didn't
> twist the studs off. Also it is way to easy to drive the lugs on cross
> threaded with the air gun. For a good time, after they put your tires on, get
> the manager, pull the stock lug wrench out of the trunk and ask him to remove
> the lugs with it. Just like you would have to do on the side of the road.
> Then tell him to redo them by HAND!
>
>                                                        keith

And I thought I was the only one that felt that way about my lug
nuts!. What I do not like is that they look at you like you're crazy or
something. Most of the time, I tell them I will tighten the nuts
myself.
When I was a kid working at a gas station, I was guilty of laying on
the air impact and did not have a clue as what I was doing.
Needless to say I wised up when I got older:)

John F.