Re: OK really dumb question

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: OK really dumb question
From: Keith0alan@aol.com
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2001 10:12:11 EDT
Torque limiting my @&^#^%&*^%. I had new tires put on my '66 and forgot to
tell them to do them by hand. Decided to check them after I got home. After I
got out the big spider, a jack stand and a sledge hammer I finally got the
lug nuts off. Must have been pushing 200 ft/lbs. I am amazed they didn't
twist the studs off. Also it is way to easy to drive the lugs on cross
threaded with the air gun. For a good time, after they put your tires on, get
the manager, pull the stock lug wrench out of the trunk and ask him to remove
the lugs with it. Just like you would have to do on the side of the road.
Then tell him to redo them by HAND!

                                                       keith