Re: Newbie

To: "Arthur" <maybee@zebra.net>
Subject: Re: Newbie
From: "John F Sandhoff" <sandhoff@csus.edu>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2001 16:40:18 -0800
It was asked:
> Has anyone thought about maybe opening a chat room for a little real time
> discussion on roadsters?

It's been done at least twice in the recent past.
Personally, I think the mailing list actually works a bit better. The chat
room requires a specific meeting time if you want more than one person
there, and requires your attention. I watch e-mail while doing real work,
can take a few moments to reply and then drift back to real work. Also,
you get all the expertise on the list. The chat room, only the expertise
currently online is there to help you.

Sometime the e-mail gets a bit chatty, with a dozen messages flying
back and forth on one OT subject. But that's why computer gurus
invented the delete key :-)

-- John

3 roadsters, no time