Re: engine options

To: <mickth@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: engine options
From: Sexmnypwr@aol.com
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2001 17:19:57 EST
  Mick,

  Try not to take it personal.  I've been "chastised" a few times on this list
and on the Z list, but it's not meant to be in a mean way.  I just tune out the
bad and try to learn from the collective info of the list.
  I've been watching this thread with interest as I've started my Buick
215/Rover 3.5L conversion into my '66.  There are a LOT of mods necessary and
I'm into my 2nd year of development...a hint to those thinking of any
conversion...these things take time and patience.  There are a lot of issues
with the 215 swap.  Email me directly for any info you might have and I'll let
you know what you're in for.
  The good things: the 215 puts out 185hp stock, and weighs 319 lbs fully
dressed.  Bored .040, with a Edelbrock Performer intake and Edelbrock 500cfm
carb, ported exhausts to custom header, EI and MSD6AL, I'm hoping for + or -
220hp.
  After reading about the SR20DET engines putting out about the same HP for
@$2-2500K used, I'm a little bummed.  Seeing as how the mods necessary are
probably less than what I've already gone through.  I've already spent $2500
rebuilding the engine, $800 rebuilding the Rover 5spd. tranny, and still have a
ways to go installing it, exhaust system, need to add u-joints to the steering
shaft and figure out a custom radiator setup.
  Be ready to spend lots of time and money...
  Some days, you end up just staring at the thing, dreaming of one day driving
it...=)

  Stan Wada