Re: engine options

To: marcsayer@home.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: engine options
From: "sidney raper" <spl310@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2001 21:19:12 -0500
Marc,

I would have to disagree with the notion that just because pistons are
relatively cheap they should be replaced.  I am of the opinion that the
serviceability is the issue.  If the bores are still within spec and the
pistons are still within spec, what is to be gained (other than helping the
machinist's kid go to college) in boring the block and buying pistons?  Now,
I will agree that if the pistons are dished, it is a wise move to get
flattops or even popups for more compression (to a point), but if all is ok
otherwise, I would reuse the pistons and have no qualms about calling it a
rebuild.

Sid

On a