Re: engine options

To: "Paul" <9laser3@bright.net>
Subject: Re: engine options
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2001 20:23:59 -0500
Paul,

I've seen an LT1 350/370 in a Roadster in RI many years ago but the guy told
me he racked his frame droppin the clutch in 1st. He was going to use
another frame and gusset it for strength.

While an excellent engineering project and well done even the guy admitted
it was overkill. He also had one of those funny car air scoops to clear the
high rise manifold and 780 Holley.

He had to drop the body over the engine and tranny for ease of installation.

I saw the car for sale in Hot Rod about a year later.

Anything - almost - can be made to fit but does it improve the car or make
it worse. I think an L24 would worsen the car and ruin it.

Mike