Re: engine options

To: <slick1@mohaveaz.com>, <mickth@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: engine options
From: Sexmnypwr@aol.com
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2001 20:25:05 EST
  Pat,

  Yeah, Chevy 350 and Ford 289/302 parts are SO cheap it's ridiculous ($350 for
a full set of custom forged pistons!) But my $2500 was for everything bottom
and top end. Bore and hone, align bore/.010 off the crank mains/new 9:1
pistons/Blueprint/balance/shotpeen polished rods/total seal rings/ARP rod
bolts, main studs/lightened flywheel/3 angle valve job/ported
exhaust/straighened-rechromed lifter shaft...etc. Believe me I tried to get the
best deal on every step along the way and it still came out to $2500.  I posted
my costs a while back to the list, can't remember what the total was yet, but
it was a lot.  Selective memory loss...
  Judging by the looks of that supercharged Roadster engine (beautiful piece of
machinery BTW!) I'm probably not even close to what that guy has spent, nor
even close to the HP output either.

  Stan