Re: engine options

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: engine options
From: Adam Bradley <ambradley@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2001 13:00:36 -0800 (PST)
Now I'm confused.  I've seen numerous Roadsters with L-series engines,
and pictures of one with an L28 (required removing the body to remove
the engine, moved the battery to the trunk, and was set further back,
with radiator fan in front of radiator (and possibly the radiator in
front of its current location; can't recall)).  I also knew of someone
with an L20b in his Roadster here in my area.

Were these all poor handling cars?  Or are you saying it requires
modifications to the suspension and/or frame to properly account for
the weight?

How much heavier is an L16 or L20 than an R16 or U20?  I recall that
the 2000 roadster weighs approximately 12 pounds more than the 1600 in
period reviews.

Adam Bradley
Back on the list after a few years
1970 1600
1967 1600 (for sale - hopefully next week!)

http://auctions.yahoo.com/