Re: List subjects

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: List subjects
From: CalSpeed@aol.com
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 23:52:22 EST
In a message dated 2/26/00 1:39:20 AM !!!First Boot!!!, stickerman@home.com
writes:

<< Date:2/26/00 1:39:20 AM !!!First Boot!!!
From:   stickerman@home.com (Mark Dent)

Can we please get back to the basics?  This is not the list to get 10
messages about Evain water, divorce stories... >>

Hello all,

I could not disagree more.  I feel that the best part of being on this list
is the "family" athmosphere.  I like to hear about it when someone has a nice
Sunday drive in his/her Roadster.  But I also care enough to listen to a
member of my Roadster family if they need to talk to someone.  Whether it is
about Roadsters or not isn't always relevent.  It is about reaching out to
your fellow friends when in time of need.

It goes without saying but I will say it.  Some of my absolute best friends
were made from this list.  And I know that I am not the only one who can make
this claim.  And it wasn't just because we both like Roadsters.  It is
because I built up an endearing family like relationship that started with
the list.  I took the time to read and hear about medical emergencies,
financial problems, births (btw... Mary and I just had a baby), auto
accidents and divorces.

Of the ten or so folks that left the list because they didn't like the
occasional non-roadster postings.  Thats fine.  There is nothing wrong with
them leaving nor is there anything wrong with the folks that like the
non-roadster posts.  To each his own.  Mailing Lists are formed to bring
people with a common interest together.  I go to my favorite Chinese
Restaurant not because it has the best tasting food.  I go there because I am
comfortable there as well as the good food.  For my choice in the best taste
I order out and eat at home.

The same goes for the list.  Just as I may delete repetitive postings of a
funny non-roadster related joke I will just as fast delete a posting about
cleaning out a gastank or choosing a body filler for a dent in a Roadster
fender.

It would be silly of me to say that those people who don't like the random
banter to go and form there own list.  All of the information is on this list
and that is where is will more than likely always be.  So.... what to do.  I
guess all I can offer is the "delete" button.  It really doesn't take that
long to scan and delete.

I joined the Roadster List for only one reason, Datsun Roadsters.  But I stay
on the list for more much more.  I just had no idea how much more.  Wonderful!

Michael "Calspeed" Carion
http://members.aol.com/calspeed/index.html