Re: Buyer's Advice Needed

To: datsun_fairlady@hotmail.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Buyer's Advice Needed
From: BERKEN@aol.com
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 20:10:56 EST
In a message dated 02/01/2000 5:14:26 PM Mountain Standard Time,
datsun_fairlady@hotmail.com writes:

<< All,

 I've been looking at buying one of these for a while, but I'm not sure now
 is a good time. It would have to be a daily driver, since I can only have
 two cars at my residence.

 Do you think this would be okay to drive daily? or is it better suited for a
 weekend fun car?

 Also, I think I want one that's in okay condition so that I can have it
 painted professionally to suit my tastes. What would be the cost of a
 mechanically sound, fairly clean interior, leakless top, straight-bodied
 roadster that could use some paint?

 Thanks,

 Ken

Ken,

These cars can definitely be daily drivers.  I drove mine as my everyday car
for 6 years while I lived in a warm climate, where there is no SALT used on
the roads.  Now that I live in Maine, I've taken it off the road for the
winter to protect it, but they will definitely hold up to the demands of
daily driving. Yes, they will require more maintenance than a "modern" car,
but are much easier to work on, also. Good usable cars can be had for
anywhere from about $3500 to $5000, at least that's my guess.  Hope you find
what you are looking for!

Joseph Berkenbile
70 1600
Warren ME