RE: Buyer's Advice Needed

To: "'Datsun Fairlady'" <datsun_fairlady@hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: Buyer's Advice Needed
From: Eric Frisbee <EFrisbee@incc.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 01:06:13 -0700
Ken,
      Definately a daily driver!!   And it's suited perfectly for a weekend
fun car!   Make sure you get the best condition car you can... in fact, I
would find someone on this list in your area to go check out the car with
you.   That will help you avoid those PO blues!!    I would go with the 1600
if you are wanting a really reliable car... the 2000's are nice, but have a
timing chain issue (been there, done that... twice!!)    Can't really give
you a good price to look for, because it really varies throughout the
country.  I can tell you that once you get started driving these cars, not a
lot is going to stop you from getting your daily roadster fix... even the
weather won't stop you if you have the right car!!   I've driven through
blinding thunderstorms, ice, snow, sleet, hail,  windstorms..  My all-time
favorite was driving up the NORAD access road (3 miles winding up Cheyenne
Mountain in Colorado Springs) in fresh snow with balding tires in stop and
go traffic.   The Datsun roadster is a great daily driver!

Good luck!!

Eric
WyCROC
http://members.xoom.com/WyCROC/home.htm