Re: Buyer's Advice Needed

To: datsun_fairlady@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: Buyer's Advice Needed
From: CalSpeed@aol.com
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 22:43:58 EST
I do not feel that a Roadster woud make a good daily driver.  I not saying
that it cant be one though.

I will use my situation for an example.  I would love to use my car as a
daily driver.  I have a softtop and a hardtop.  I drive it four or more times
a week.  My commute is ideal, 10 minutes.  I also have parking for it at
night.  But....

My wife does not drive manual.  And if there were an emergency and she needed
to use a second car then we would be in trouble.  If her car needed servicing
then I would have to drive her to work 50 miles R/T.  And even if she did
drive stick I would not want her driving the car because there is always the
possibility of something happening to a 30+ year old car.  A loose wire from
the coil... broken throttle cable... etc.

Especially now that we have a baby it is important to have a car that both of
us could use in an emergency.  So... she drives a sedan and I drive a SUV.
Although the truck is not driven as much as my Roadster.

I would not recommend a Roadster as your daily driver unless it is your
second car.  But from your posting it doesnt sound like a second car.  Good
luck on your decision.  Btw.... I also live in San Francisco where I dont
need to worry about weather conditions.

Calspeed
http://members.aol.com/calspeed/index.html