RE: Rollbars

To: andrew.murphy@integtech.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Rollbars
From: "Alan Vedadi" <datsun_spl311@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2000 20:15:01 EST

andrew.murphy@integtech.com writes:"I guess the reason I posted about them
is because I have not heard of anyone with a low windshield car able to have
one and also a soft top.

Andrew:

I do have a low windshield (which incidentally I took apart this
afternoon)w/ a roolbar attached (not welded, but bolted ). It works fine w/
the soft top.
keep in mind that low windshields are about 2 inches shorter than the high
ones which logically speaking, 2" shorter rollbar (can someone verify
this?).
Anyway, my roll bar has created a dilemma on it's own. My head (I'm 6')
rests about the same height as the crown and about 2 inches away from it.
This is too close for comfort in a head on" how do you do?". I am sure I am
safer in an accident with the car rolling. But for a street driver such as
myself, statistics are in favor of head on and rear ending collisions which
should leave me w/ a very bad headache, in the best case scenario.

The rollbar came w/ the car when I purchased it. I am sure I can dig up the
information about previous owners if you are still interested.

Alan Vedadi
1967 1600 SPL-311
Potomac Maryland