Re: synthetic oil?

To: "British cars list" <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: synthetic oil?
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@cruzers.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 01 09:24:16 -0800
> As I understand it, the biggest problem with waxoyl is
>that is too stiff and cannot penetrate into small seams.  Also, it cannot
>reach a lot of the areas within box section sills and floor structures.

I use the Waxol spray can and wand.  But before I use it I heat the Waxol
to a more liquid state in a double boiler arrangement (spray can with the
lid off in a pot of water on the stove).

It sprays quite well into those small  seams when the viscosity is low.
One problem I have seen is occasional crevices appearing in the sprayed
waxol after the more volatile spirits evaporate.  I go back after a week
and respray.  The second coat fills any crevices from the first.

TeriAnn Wakeman               If you send me direct mail, please
Santa Cruz, California        start the subject line with TW -
twakeman@cruzers.com           I will be sure to read the message

http://www.cruzers.com/~twakeman

"How can life grant us the boon of living..unless we dare"
Amelia Earhart 1898-1937