Re: synthetic oil?

To: fredtal@industryinet.com, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: synthetic oil?
From: DEVierling@aol.com
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2001 21:53:09 EST
Fred,
Can't you go longer between oil changes with a synthetic?  I've heard you can
go 10,000 miles between changes - which offsets the extra cost of the oil.
(Assuming synthetic costs approx. 3 times as much, you would about break
even.)  I've been running 1/2 synthetic Valvoline in my Saab and I'm up to
265,000 miles with no engine problems yet.  Typically changing the oil
between 3,000 and 10,000 miles max.  For the LBC I was thinking about it more
from a storage standpoint.  I mean, since I don't drive the MGB that often,
maybe I should run 100% synthetic in that engine.  I'm cheap too, but I'm all
for trying to minimize problems before they start.

don