Re: synthetic oil?

To: "British cars list" <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: synthetic oil?
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@cruzers.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 01 08:56:47 -0800
My TR3A runs Redline 75A90 in the diff, Redline MTL in the gearbox and
Castrol 30 wt in the engine (which has a leaky front seal).  Oils are
changed at factory recommended intervals (3K mi for the engine).
Clearances in the TR3 engine were designed for optimal lubrication with
30 wt so that's what I'm using.

I do not use synthetics in the Land Rover. Factory recommended gear oil
change is 12K miles and there are 6 different 90 wt reservoirs.
Prolonged deep wading (about 2 feet deep or greater) often results in
water in the 90 wt so oil changes sometimes come a lot more frequently.

Instead I used Power Punch gear additive with molibdium.  It helps quiet
down noisy gears.

TeriAnn Wakeman               If you send me direct mail, please
Santa Cruz, California        start the subject line with TW -
twakeman@cruzers.com           I will be sure to read the message

http://www.cruzers.com/~twakeman

"How can life grant us the boon of living..unless we dare"
Amelia Earhart 1898-1937