Re: MGB jack

To: Lewis Dunbar Dove <mfldd@uxa.ecn.bgu.edu>
Subject: Re: MGB jack
From: Allen.Bachelder@vt.edu (Allen Bachelder)
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 1995 14:16:55 -0500
>SOLs,
>        Nigel cudgel, my MGB needs a jack . . .
>        Lew Dove

Lew -
You don't actually USE one of those jacks do you?  Find one that looks
good, whether it works or not - just to display at shows.  I carry a
scissors jack when I actually need to jack the car up.  The only time to
use one of those jacks is when  looking at a potential purchase.  If the
owner brags a bit too much about the lack of rust,  play dumb and ask him
to demonstrate how the jack works.  You can imagine what might happen if
the guy is lying!

Best bet for finding a jack - vendors at brit car shows or in Hemmings -
unless another SOLer responds first.

Good luck,
Allen Bachelder