Re: MGB jack

To: Greg Meboe <meboe@wsunix.wsu.edu>
Subject: Re: MGB jack
From: "W. Ray Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 1995 10:54:09 -0500 (EST)
On Wed, 25 Jan 1995, Greg Meboe wrote:

> On Wed, 25 Jan 1995, W. Ray Gibbons wrote:
>
> > This reminds me of a technician I hired in Chicago who had grown up in
> > Africa, where he learned to drive on british cars.  He had just moved to
>                             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> Many of my friends and aquaintances have kidded me about driving on my
> British cars; I just take it in stride these days.  There will come a
> time however, that I'm seated behind the wheel of a Rover of some sort,
> and can defend my hobby with big tyres and lots of ground clearance.

As Churchill is rumored to have said when a censor circled a sentence in
one of his speeches because it ended with a preposition, "This is
obviously the work of an impertinent clerk, and is something up with which
I will not put."

Methinks you have seen "War of the Roses" one too many times.

I assume you snicker at those people who are proud of having worked under
someone famous.  Or at Snow White, who, when she married the prince,
thanked all the little people who made her success possible.  (Of course
you remember the 7 vertically challenged persons Doc, Dopey, Sneezy, Dumbo,
Huey, Louie, and Dewey.)

Is it Friday, yet?

Ray

                gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu  (802) 656-8910