Re: DOT Race Tires may become illegal

To: Larrybsp@aol.com
Subject: Re: DOT Race Tires may become illegal
From: james creasy <Black94PGT@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 10:00:57 -0700
so you are saying that kumho is making most of their r-tire money from people
who drive them on the street?  i doubt it.

i see the only problem is that the SCCA rules say "dot approved".  this would
change to an inclusion list that lists, for example, the current hoosier autox
tire.  same tire, just doesnt say DOT on it.  i cant drive legally with them
on the street, but judging from the amount whining about my "drive to event on
raced tires" rule, no one does anyway.

-james c