Re: Stuff I Learned at the Evolution School

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Stuff I Learned at the Evolution School
From: Giles Douglas <giles@vy.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 09:46:05 -0700 (PDT)
Out of interest, if you're left foot braking, how do you avoid lockup
because you don't get the weight transfer from coming off the throttle? Do
you have to be extremely judicious of your initial brake application and
ease off the throttle somewhat (but not all the way?)

All academic for me of course, because its not possible in DBW Audis/VWs
(the ECU senses the brake pedal and cuts throttle completely :-(. Although
I guess it could be worthwhile in terms of braking earlier?

        Giles