Re: Stuff I Learned at the Evolution School

Subject: Re: Stuff I Learned at the Evolution School
From: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 10:19:47 -0400 (EDT)
Howdy,

On Mon, 11 Jun 2001, Sean O'Boyle wrote:
> I learned:
> - That all of the good drivers (read instructors) left foot brake

FYI, that's not true.  Jean Kinser and Sam Strano come to mind as
immediate examples of Evolution instructors who don't left foot brake.

> - That you can't just 'try' left foot braking

That, however, is very true.

I do left foot brake.  I started doing it at local events but didn't get
any feel until after I did an evolution school and got a lot of seat time
with it.  It now feels natural to me and I prefer it over right foot
braking.

Having said that, I don't think it makes me any faster and that its not
really worth learning.

Mark