Re: Stuff I Learned at the Evolution School

To: Kevin Stevens <Kevin_Stevens@pursued-with.net>,
Subject: Re: Stuff I Learned at the Evolution School
From: James Creasy <black94pgt@pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 10:13:41 -0700
> I've admitted elsewhere that I think my (current) biggest problem is
> overbraking, but it doesn't have anything to do with LFB, I'm just
consciously
> slowing down more than I probably need to.

this is what happens to me if i LFB (overbraking), but i have less
experience than you do.

RFB makes you think if you really need to brake, so in places where a little
brake might be needed, i will sometimes choose to take a slightly different
line so i dont have to brake, only lift.

this was the case for the right at the end of the 2nd slalom last sunday; i
decided i didnt need to brake there, but instead lifted, turned into a
little too much, and let the car scrub off speed.  i should have increased
my grip and speed in the that corner by not jouncing the suspension around
with a lift-brake-gas scenario.  seemed to work ok.

-james
OSP #74