Re: Big Brother is watching

To: lorenzoscribe@hotmail.com, rocky@tri.net, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Big Brother is watching
From: "Arthur Emerson" <vreihen@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2001 02:11:10
"Larry Steckel" <lorenzoscribe@hotmail.com> wrote:

>The VW diff defect went back much earlier than 1995-1999. The diff in my
>1987 16Valve GTI ate its bearings and blew up
>twice.

I'm referring to the VW 02A tranny (VR6) and it's uncanny
ability for the ring gear to pop out of it's rivets and
blow a physical hole through the side of the transaxle.  VW
blamed "wheel hop" on hard acceleration as they voided many
a 10/100K warranty for this problem, but the real cause appeared
in my unprofessional opinion to be the frequency of the Teves 20
GI ABS/EDL's traction control system.  When that thing grabbed a spinning
wheel, it sounded like an air chisel.  Only seems
logical to assume that this frequency would be passed through to
the ring gear rivets, stretching them over time.....

-Arthur ("Never grenaded an 02A myself" edition.)