Re: Big Brother is watching

To: rocky@tri.net, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Big Brother is watching
From: "Arthur Emerson" <vreihen@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 16:23:20
"Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net> wrote:

>Here's a new one to me -- is this just urban legend or is it
>really happening?

VW and Nissan have been known to send district service managers
to drag strips in New Jersey, taking pictures and documenting
every car that's competing.  I've heard about one person
in for a grenaded VW differential (design defect on 1995-1999
VW's) being shown a picture of their car on the strip as their
warranty request was denied.

An even better one was the guy who blew his tranny at
the strip, called VW Roadside Assistance to have his car
towed home, and then called his dealer the next day and
said that his tranny exploded in his driveway when his wife
was backing out.  They presented him with the Roadside Assistance
records when they refused to fix his car.

I guess that the answer is "yes" to your question, Rocky.....

-Arthur ("Ask me about my $375 motor mounts from Oscoda" edition.)