Re: Big Brother is watching

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Big Brother is watching
From: "Carlos" <carlos@orbitdevelopment.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 13:24:29 -0700
correct ....

1) Subaru ADs shows the WRX off-road and competing ... would it void warranty
if u do in stock form ?

2) Some manufacturers ads show stock cars in competition environment to sell
you the car, then if you buy it and do the same you get penalized ?

3) SUV/Truck ADs show cars off road and in mud,  but if they find excesive MUD
because you were off road, voids warranty ??

4) All advertising and magazines articles (probably manufacturer sponsored?)
always show the cars agility, top speed and power so they get you to buy it.
Now if I spend 50k in a Z06 and try the top speed test, or cars agility, I get
penalized ?? I do not think so !  ... I did not spend $50k to drive 55mph all
the time, otherwise I would of bought a Hyundai !

5) SOLO II is not a  racetrack, is a parking lot, so they have no rights to say
you were in a race track...

I foresee a nice False Advertisement and/or Fraud lawsuit against
manufacturers, but again I am not a lawyer.  Although I somehow kind of wish it
happened to me so I can file such lawsuit and publicy the suit to all drivers
like us ! This will bring them to reform the way the advertise vehicles ..
perhaps they should put a label, lige cigarretes,

"WARNING: Driving this car over the speed limit will void warranty."

Also, I think they can only use in-car computer infromation for criminal cases
only, not to spy on your activities....

Perhaphs we should start a new consumer group !