Re: Sites dwindling

To: washburn <washburn@dwave.net>, Autox <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Sites dwindling
From: Bob Monday <boysrus_racing@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 11:27:19 -0700 (PDT)
Used to be that an office building offered acres of parking lot
uninterrupted by such amenities as curbs and landscaping. That's all
but gone... folks want to parking lot to look like a community street,
so there's all kinds of landscaping, aisles, etc. Not the best for
autocrossing. I worked for an office/industrial park developer and with
several 1500+ acre parks, there weren't any suitable lots in them!

On top of that, more and more of the office parks are in
semi-residential neighborhoods. Folks don't like the tire and engine
noise on their day off. At least, some closed-minded folks don't. <G>

Think about community college campuses, stadiums/arenas, and such where
parking lot amenities aren't the reason for being there! Re: colleges,
you might even find a hapless student who will "sponsor" a car club as
a college organization. New blood, lots of "STx" cars! The kid gets a
free membership and the club officers do the work. Good trade!

Bob Monday
Boys-R-Us Racing

<snip>

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/