Re: Sites dwindling

To: Smokerbros@aol.com
Subject: Re: Sites dwindling
From: "Arthur Emerson" <vreihen@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2001 16:36:39
One thing that I discovered after my previous post.  In a
town about 25 miles from here, somebody bought an old
strip mall that used to contain a lumber/home improvement
store.  They're converting the store into a drive-in storage
building, and it has a decent-sized parking lot outside.
This particular lot had curbs and islands with trees in
it, but illustrates how buying a commercial establishment
for something as simple as storage building could get us
the "side benefit" of a suitable autocross surface.

Oh, and now many car nuts do you know that rent indoor
storage for pieces of their collections???  My mechanic's
friend has two cars in winter storage at a warehouse, and
he's going to be taking them out this weekend.  Boat owners
would love to have an *indoor* place to park their vessels
during the winter months here in the northeast.  I personally
rent a garage to store the submarine in during the week,
since it's not my daily driver.  This is all *off-season*
revenue!

I think that I've made my point.  Think of a business venture
that could produce and support a suitable autocross surface,
and then make it happen under our management.....

-Arthur ("Build it and they will come" edition.)