Re: The REAL Issue

To: dg50@daimlerchrysler.com
Subject: Re: The REAL Issue
From: JonesMB <jonesmb@arthem.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 11:44:52 -0600
>3) This is a little more nebulous... I'm starting to see more and more SM
>"buzz" that I had no hand in creating. I (shamelessly) promote SM at every
>opportunity. I exhort my fellow SM competitors to do the same, and a lot of
>them do it. So anyone who tries SM because they talked to me, or Karl, or
>Kent (or Dale, or Ian, or... you get the picture) is someone I "touched"
>(in a manner of speaking). But I'm seeing (on Honda BBSes, mostly) people
>planning on building/running an SM car who knows nothing about me, the SM
>mailing list, or any of the "first tier" SM competitors on the mailing
>list. They heard about SM through other means, and have decided to play
>independant of whatever publicity efforts the SM core has made. THAT'S
>exciting. THAT'S success. That's also really very subjective, as "proof"
>goes - I guess you have to take my word on that.

if it makes you feel any better - there are people on our Honda mailing
list (who don't know you or the SM list or the SM "core") who competed in
SM this year.  they didn't build their cars specifically for SM.  they did
their engine swaps and/or turbocharged & supercharged their cars and then
found out about autox later.  thanks to SM they all compete together even
though their cars were somewhat different (various models of Accords,
Civics & Integras).

jmb