Re: The REAL Issue

To: "msmith2" <msmith2@columbus.rr.com>,
Subject: Re: The REAL Issue
From: "Eric Linnhoff" <eric10mm@qni.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 21:27:05 -0600
>So, why is it that a $5000 FI system is ok in SP, but you have to have the
>stock cam, while in Prepared, you can have any cam/heads you want, but
>there's a penalty for any alternate induction other than what's listed in
>the book?
================================
I suggest that you, as I have (even though I'm not in the class), write a
letter to the SEB and PAC asking to allow carbs other than the infamous
Holley 4150.  Some CP folks that I've spoken to would actually rather run a
Carter AFB or Quadrajet and there are many other available options out
there.

>Seems to me that Prepared would be less restrictive on BOTH items than SP.
>know the cam/heads/induction would work a helluva lot better that
>way....<grin>
>
>Mike CP58
Part of the problem is that Prepared is not a progression from SP.  Prepared
is basically old road race cars while SP is basically old Stock cars.

Eric Linnhoff in KC
#69 STS    TLS #13
'98 Neon R/T  (4 door)
<eric10mm@qni.com>

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."
Winston Churchill, Sir (1874-1965), on formal declaration of war