Re: The REAL Issue

To: msmith2@columbus.rr.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: The REAL Issue
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 02:51:10 EST
In a message dated 12/12/00 6:56:09 PM Pacific Standard Time,
msmith2@columbus.rr.com writes:

> My only point was that fuel injection existed that was better than stock
> fuel injection, or carbs, in '83, but that injection was still in excess of
> Prepared rules. The same condition existed then, the gap has just gotten
> wider over the years.

I'm not convinced that Hillborn was better than aftermarket carburetion on an
engine with stock cam and porting.  It's certainly not as adjustable as the
newer versions.

>  remember seeing 275/60-15 Hoosier Autocrossers on 15x12 wheels on the back
> of Dennis Reihle's ESP Camaro back in '86, a mere three years afterwards.

But the tires didn't demand those wheels.  I think 10" wheels would work just
about as well with 275s.  I'll stand by my statement that SP when invented
fit the modifications that enthusiasts made to their cars.  What does a 50#
penalty in Prepared have to do with it?  SP was never intended to be a step
between S and P.

CHD