Re: The REAL Issue

To: msmith2 <msmith2@columbus.rr.com>
Subject: Re: The REAL Issue
From: Mark Sirota <msirota@isc.upenn.edu>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 22:54:21 -0500
msmith2 wrote:
> So, why is it that a $5000 FI system is ok in SP, but you have to have
> the stock cam, while in Prepared, you can have any cam/heads you want,
> but there's a penalty for any alternate induction other than what's
> listed in the book?

Because nobody ever promised that Prepared is "more" than SP?

I wish I could understand why this one comes up over and over and over
and over again...  There is not a smooth progression through the
categories from S -> SP -> P -> M.  And that's perfectly okay.  There
are two; S -> SP -> M or S -> P -> M.  Choice is good, right?

For engine rules specifically, think of it this way -- both SP and P
have methods of restricting motors so that we don't get too much power,
nor do we get short-lived grenade motors.  In SP, you can change
intake and exhaust but you can't change how much air moves through the
engine itself.  In Prepared, you can change how much air moves through
the engine, but you're still limited by the intake.  Two methods of
achieving the same result.  Choice is good, right?

Mark