Re: Integra AutoXing

To: Jason Bowles <jbowles@carol.net>
Subject: Re: Integra AutoXing
From: washburn <washburn@dwave.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 07:20:08 -0500
Jason Bowles wrote:

> At When I ran Pirelli Pzero Street tyres last year I was running
> >44front and 48 rear.  Hope that gives you a few data points.
>
> 48 in the rear???? thats way too high!

The thing I am learning about rear set up, including tire pressures, is
that it is a matter of personal preference more than anything.  You can
point to the leading car and say "Well he (or she) has XXX set up in the
rear, so it must be the right way".  Doesn't work for all drivers.  It
works for them because they are comfortable with the way it feels, and
can acurately predict the handling characteristics based on their seat
time. I've seen two identicle cars with very different rear end set ups
run almost the same times.  It's usually the driver!  I often tell new
comers that there is no single right way to do anything in AX.
--
Patrick Washburn <washburn@dwave.net>
Wausau, WI     Land of Cheese