Re: Integra AutoXing

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Integra AutoXing
From: Cccya1@aol.com
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 20:39:57 EDT
I have 1 year under my belt autoxing my Honda Civic (much like the wussy
little brother of an integra).  I too wondered about tire pressures and heel
toe (btw 35ish Front, 30ish rear on Khumos).  I went to the Chicago region
driving school in March to try and learn some new concepts.  I race w/ a
miata club and get killed by them almost every time.  So I went there looking
to learn from FWD instructors, which I did.  I learned that rather than
downshift to keep the revs up, just left foot brake to slow the car while
keeping your right foot on the gas.   I was a little skeptical with this,
then I went for a ride....WOW...His CRX exploded (compared to me) out of
corners, he kept the revs above 4K the entire course.  The only downside is
expect to put rotors and pads on sooner...But that may be an approach you
want to try...

Hope it helps

Kevin