Re: Integra AutoXing

To: Cccya1@aol.com
Subject: Re: Integra AutoXing
From: OneTimeCRX <hchea@ramapo.edu>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 23:49:17 -0400
Cccya1@aol.com wrote:
> I learned that rather than
> downshift to keep the revs up, just left foot brake to slow the car while
> keeping your right foot on the gas.   I was a little skeptical with this,
> then I went for a ride....WOW...His CRX exploded (compared to me) out of
> corners, he kept the revs above 4K the entire course.  The only downside is
> expect to put rotors and pads on sooner...But that may be an approach you
> want to try...

Is this for an automatic, or standard tranny?  If it's for a standard, I
would expect that clutch slippage is necessary in order to keep the revs
up while slowing the car down.
First gear in my car (honda crx) is so short that downshifting into 1st
is only asking for an accidental overrev.  What I've found is that for a
car with such little power, the only way to accelerate out of a turn is
to straighten the wheel earlier, which to me means late apex.

--
Cheers,
Henry C.