Re: Integra AutoXing

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Integra AutoXing
From: "Don Fore" <don4@hsonline.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 23:09:02 -0500
> Is this for an automatic, or standard tranny?  If it's for a standard, I
> would expect that clutch slippage is necessary in order to keep the revs
> up while slowing the car down.

The key benefits to this technique is not so much "keeping the revs up", but
rather to avoid destabilizing the car in the turn, and possibly missing both
an upshift *and* a downshift, to boot.  As an added benefit, you will by
definition NEVER be late on getting back on the gas coming out of the turn
because you didn't lift in the first place.

Back when I was autocrossing my Grand Am GT (FWD, 5-sp, 180hp), I did this
quite often.  The important thing is to not use too much left-foot braking.
Learning what is too much or too little is the hard part.

-- Don4