Re: How to do things at a divisional

To: "Team.Net" <autox@autox.team.net>, "Jason Bowles" <jbowles@carol.net>
Subject: Re: How to do things at a divisional
From: "Greg Lee" <greg@ThumbsUpRacing.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 08:02:10 -0500
Since no one else has responded, I'll take a crack at it.

First and foremost, consult with the event organizer and the Divisional Solo
Steward for any special stipulations that may apply to your particular
event.  These stips are usually published as "Supplemental Rules".

1.  Usually, tires do not need to be installed.  However, competitors are
usually expected to have all the tires they expect to use during the event
tech'd before the first runs begin.  Generally, tires are not protestable
after that point in time.  Consult your Sups.

2.  Unless your division is blessed with acres and acres of pavement, the
usual procedure is to reverse direction of the course between Saturday and
Sunday.  A few strategic cones may be moved, added, or deleted for safety.
This means only one course has to be set up, and torn down Saturday night,
giving more people time to socialize.  Consult your Sups.

3. One of the purposes of Divisional and National Tour events is to prepare
competitors for the National Championship procedure.  This means that every
run group reports to impound immediately after their runs.  This gives other
competitors the opportunity to inspect each others cars and file protest
(except for tires) if they are so inclined.  This is a part of every Nat
Tour and will probably be a part of your Divisional.  Again, consult your
Sups.

Lastly, consult your Sups.