Re: IN RE: Mechanical Failures

To: PaceCars@aol.com, carlynneracing@home.com, vintage-race@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: IN RE: Mechanical Failures
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 16:59:33 EST
In a message dated 28/11/00 1:52:23 PM Pacific Standard Time,
PaceCars@aol.com writes:

> At CVAR we classify cars by the old SCCA regs,
> but cars built outside the SCCA regs (but to other period regs like FIA or
> RAC) are allowed to run but are classified where we think is appropriate.
> If
> this old car showed up in original trim we would leave it in B-Production.
> If
> it were modified beyond period Series 1 Cobra (worm and sector) specs it
> would be put in exhibitiion (a non-racing touring group).

The CASC regs were more liberal in the 60s. You may know of Al Pease' 3 main
MGB that ran an HRG Derrington Head and twin Webers at Mosport in the mid
60s.

What would you do with that car?

And if the AC Ace in question had a 283 Chev instead of a 260 Ford (which is
sort of validated in retrospect by Shelby's activities), would it be allowed
to run?

And then there was Nick Gebbie's Bugeye that ran a 215 Olds motor at
Westwood......

Presumably they could all run, having been done more or less in period, and
no more modern replica, even if an exact duplicate would be allowed to run?

BIll S.