Re: Lime Rock

To: <vintage-race@autox.team.net>, <dthompson@videotron.ca>
Subject: Re: Lime Rock
From: "Roger Sieling" <Rogsie@telesistech.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 08:14:35 -0400
Daniel and Mark,

I used to belong to VARAC a few years ago, when that was the only way to get
tires for my Lotus Eleven, but being in Ohio makes participating with either
group a bit difficult. I know there is Pittsburg and I've been there a number
of times as crew or just to watch, but if I hit a curb in the Eleven and break
one of my rear wheels I'm sunk. I still enjoy racing with my Canadian friends,
but after a few years I began to concentrate on SVRA events. It only took one
HSR race to determine that my Eleven didn't belong there. Then SVRA began the
distinct change after its sale in 97. After the 1999 Mid-Ohio and filling the
ears of every SVRA official I could find, I decided to do a wait-see for
Watkins Glen that year. When the same class structure and race groupings
appeared on their web site, just prior to the race, I canceled my room and
stayed home. Extremely glad I did. I still have fond memories of WG'98. This
spring I joined VDCA and have enjoyed racing with many of my same friends at a
couple of their events. The VIR Reunion was great with their slightly loosened
classes. I have a couple formula cars I want to start running, one a Lotus
20/22 ( also excluded by VSCCA's date cut-off) and the other a car too new for
VDCA. Looks like I have to belong to several clubs to run the cars I wish. I
also miss racing at Mid-Ohio, very badly.

By the way Mark, I was trying to be kind in describing VSCCA's lack of
inclusion of those vulgar cars. I'm seriously thinking of doing the Summit
Point Turkey Day event in the 20/22. We were visiting in the area last year and
stopped by to see how it was, and were impressed.

Roger

>>> Daniel Thompson <dthompson@videotron.ca> 09/14/00 06:43PM >>>
With all the
> change & turmoil that some of the other organizations have had, I treasure
> the stability of VSCCA and the fact that they pretty much stick to their
> principles.  Most of their events are refreshingly low-key.
>
> Hope this helps you to understand the situation.
>
> Regards,
> Mark Palmer

VARAC is a very stable oraganization, they stick to their principles,
and their events are as low-key as they come. They also allow Bugeyes,
provided they are not tube-framed, tube shocked, 1275 engined monsters.

Thanks for trying to explain. I get the picture: VSCCA is stuck up ;-)

Daniel