Re: Vintage racing question, Miles

To: MHKitchen@aol.com
Subject: Re: Vintage racing question, Miles
From: RodsINTOMG@aol.com
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 21:53:52 EST
Many of you may not know Myles like his peers is CSRG.  This is a very sane
group and has a special emphasis on safety, (and Vintage Spirt) as witnessed
by our many drivers meetings.  We have our share of incidences and because of
it we get more and longer drivers meetings.  I'm not complaining, just
noting.  If you think Myles isnt driving his Cortina fast and you think you
could be faster...Youre wrong.

Ive heard the horror stories about SCCA and though I would see lots l of
trashed cars and incidences.  I did the SCCA Vintage thing in October and I
was amazed over the lack of on track problems  like none other than
mechanical problems.  Very agressive drivers some literaly pushing me out of
their way (and the line).  At CSRG I was taught that when you are a slower
car and being passed that you should stay in the line.  It seemed the SCCA
guys expected you to leave the line and let them have it, now thats agressive.

Now, I'm one of Myles' guys with a $2500 car.  Mine is a '64 MGB I got for
free and restored for vintage racing.  I now have about   $12,000 in the car
so I think the $2500 race car is a myth.  Just because we are slow, the car
wasn't inexpensive.

Rod Schweiger
'64 MGB Sebring Coupe Knockoff

P.S.