Re: Vintage racing question, Miles

To: Joseph_Chimbolo@hyperion.com, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Vintage racing question, Miles
From: MHKitchen@aol.com
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 16:40:56 EST
In a message dated 11/22/99 10:30:57 AM Pacific Standard Time,
Joseph_Chimbolo@hyperion.com writes:

<< Secondly, not everyone needs to
 share your view on how and in what manner a vintage car should be driven. >>

I WHOLEHEARTEDLY DISAGREE!!  If we aren't all on the same wavelength out
there, there will surely be problems of the type we're seeing way too much
of.  Sir, I suggest that if you want to race with a "damn the torpedos"
attitude, you find another venue other than Vintage.

<<Which are you?>>  Hopefully, the guy who's nowhere near you on the track,
whether that be at the front or the back of the pack!  But if you really want
to know which driver I am, I'd suggest you ask the ladies and gentleman I
often race with and against....

FYI, I only mentioned the $2500 car owner, not because there is a correlation
between driving skill and financial strength (we've seen this proven over and
over), but rather one of someone who comes to vintage racing with an attitude
of "hey, I don't care if I stuff a fender...after all, its only a $2500 car"!
 As we've seen, this same attitude can apply to those with multi-million
dollar rides.  I think you missed my point entirely....

Myles H. Kitchen
1965 Lotus Cortina Mk1 #128