Re: Vintage racing question, Miles

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Vintage racing question, Miles
From: Tom M <tmatycho@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 23:28:54 -0800

Joseph_Chimbolo@hyperion.com wrote:

> The price of a car has no relation to the quality of the driver.  I happen to
> know many drivers that drive low buck cars that could probably hop in your
> Cortina and take 5 seconds off your lap times.
<snip>

That's a rather presumptuous thing to say, since I rather doubt that you
have any idea what Myles' lap times are.  Off the top of my head, I
don't know his times, either.  But I have been on the track with him,
and occasionally pointed him by in the later laps of a race or two.  It
is not my impression that Myles is just out for a drive. It's my
impression that Myles is regarded as a capable driver.  If you know a
lot of people that could climb into his car and take five second off his
fastest lap as Sears Point,  perhaps you should point them toward F-1 or
Indy car.

--
Tom M.