Re: Vintage racing question, Miles

To: MHKitchen@aol.com, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Vintage racing question, Miles
From: Joseph_Chimbolo@hyperion.com
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 13:28:02 -0500

The price of a car has no relation to the quality of the driver.  I happen to
know many drivers that drive low buck cars that could probably hop in your
Cortina and take 5 seconds off your lap times.  There are many different groups
who race at various levels of intensity, car preparation and so on.  Find the
one you like and join.

The "Problem" lies with starting groups of cars rather than drivers and lap
times, take it up with the sanctioning body.  Vintage races have a mixture of
real racers and car enthusiasts.  The typical car enthusiast  may do something
on the track that a seasoned driver would not expect, (chopping,
braking,thinking a mirror is something to be polished) thereby causing a
problem.  Which are you?

So decide, are you there to race and to have some fun? or to take a ride and to
have some fun?  I think the mixing of the two is the real problem.  Not your
interpretation that finances determine ability.  Secondly, not everyone needs to
share your view on how and in what manner a vintage car should be driven.

So please go explain the proper way to handle a race car to Sterling Moss, Sir
Jack, and Brian Redman.  I am sure they would be interested in your comments.

Remember, if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.